Monday, July 21, 2008

Bakugan Battle Brawlers Booster Packs at Gile Toys

Well, we got our first order of Bakugan items into the warehouse this week - and I have to tell you, I am still struggling to understand this product. I think I have a decent idea of the general concept of this game, but even that is a stretch. My generation had a hard enough time understanding Pokemon, but Bakugan is a whole other animal.

What really amazes me is the variety of this product. For instance, we received 12 cartons of Bakugan Battle Brawlers. There are sixteen different items in each carton. Thankfully, I believe (after opening 3 cartons) the mix is the same in each box. The interesting thing is that each item has the same UPC code and the only identifiable difference is the actual toy itself (the brawler - I guess it would be called, or maybe just the Bakugan) and an eight digit code on the back. It really makes the items quite difficult to list for sale on the web - both on our site and other venues. But, we have tried: Bakugan Battle Brawlers Booster Packs. So, there are 16 different items in one carton. It also turns out that this is not the whole line of Battle Brawlers. There are other Bakugans we don't have. Also, the ones that we do have seem to come in several different colors. From the Bakugan 2008 Promotional Poster it appears that there are 48 different Bakugans that come in six different colors. I guess that means we only have 16 of 288 possibilities -- although I am not sure every Bakugan comes in a Battle Brawlers Booster Pack. In fact, I am quite sure that they don't - and I am quite sure that I don't even understand what I am stating.

In any event, I guess Bakugan is the new Pokemon -- or so my nine year old nephew tells me. I have girls, not boys, so I'll have to trust him. If you want to know about Mixis or Dr. Jean, I'm your man. Otherwise, you're on your own.

No comments: