Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Karito Kids in time for Christmas

We received our initial shipment of Karito Kids dolls and I am impressed. I plan on featuring them in our Christmas Catalog Flyer that we are putting together right now.

It is nearly impossible to find any dolls made in the USA, so we do try to make extra effort to find dolls that, even though they are made in China, are of a high quality but also are special and unique. These dolls certainly fit that mold. I am hoping that they will be a nice alternative for people looking in a similar category of the American Girl doll line (also manufactured in China).

Now, I will admit that both my girls have American Girl dolls. And, for someone who owns their own toy store, this is a tough thing to divulge. To be honest, I have actually taken my girls to the store in Manhattan as well. But, the American Girl line is sold exclusively by the manufacturer in their own stores, no love for the specialty toy retailer like myself. Again, as one who owns a toy store, it is always hard to admit that you have given your children product that you do not sell yourself. I always blame extended family or Santa Claus.....

Back to Karito.... What makes this line so unique is, that when you purchase the doll, you receive an activation code that allows you to designate a portion of the purchase price to one of four categories within the charitable foundation KidsGive. Furthermore, kids can continue playing games and learning online to earn points that allow the ability to help designate more charitable giving.

Quite an inventive product - lots of outfits available as well, along with a new line of Travel Charmers soft dolls coming this fall.

No comments: